First, why crew?
- Crew will develop teamwork, leadership, sportsmanship, and competitiveness.
- Crew is unusual, compared to many sports, because each person in the boat has a unique and important role where everyone must then come together to create overall success. Many lessons may be learned by each developing athlete both as an individual and as part of a team!
Why Connecticut Boat Club or CBC as we say?
- Being a part of the CBC team opens many avenues for competition from local races to major national regattas like the Head of the Charles and the San Diego Crew Classic which is exciting for new and experienced athletes on the team.
- Because of the exceptional training from the CBC coaches, numerous athletes have been selected for teams that represent the United States in international competition including the U.S. Junior National Team and the Under 23 National Team.
- Many athletes at CBC have developed a passion for rowing that has been a major factor in choosing a college where they have gone on to some of the best Division I, II and III collegiate programs in the country (which are some of the best academically as well).
- Most girls develop friendships on the team that last well beyond their time spent on the water both during their high school years and well into the future.
- Rowing with CBC will provide structure and coaching so that all student athletes will learn how to be strong and fit in a healthy environment.