Welcome to CBC and welcome to Winter rowing! Our development program is a 3 day a week program. During this season each athlete will build confidence, make new friends, improve physical fitness, learn the correct rowing technique, build core strength and learn to train (run, bike, erg).
Boathouse Address: 23 Platt Street Norwalk, CT
December 4 - March 9 (4-6pm) *Please contact us if your athlete can only participate 1-2 days a week. While not encouraged we do accept athletes on a modified schedule.
For more information please e-mail or call Head Coach Liz Trond, 203.843. 8177 | LizabethTrond@gmail.com
* You do NOT need to be a member of Connecticut Boat Club in order to sign up for any of our winter rowing programs.
How young is too young to participate in the sport of rowing?
It all depends on the athleticism, size and willingness to learn of the participant. Usually, 12 years old is a good starting point. But we have had rowers as young as 9 years old row in our summer program. The best thing to do is to contact CBC with any questions.
Does the participant need to know how to swim?
YES! The participant needs to be a competent swimmer with the ability to tread water for 7 minutes.
What do rowers need to do in order to be prepared for their rowing practice?
– Arrive 5 minutes before practice starts.
– Have a complete lunch and healthy snack and be well hydrated before arriving at CBC.
– Wear running shoes for every practice
– Wear tight-fitting athletic clothing (to avoid loose clothing getting caught in equipment).
– You do NOT need to have any rowing experience prior to participating in our winter rowing.
– You do NOT need to be a member of Connecticut Boat Club in order to sign up for our winter rowing programs.